Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Drawing Board
http://flockdraw.com/6bxawf
GuestBook
My guestbook
Latest topics
» SQL Database Recovery Software
When PaF Invades Your Real Life EmptyFri Oct 10, 2014 6:24 am by bessiewilson

» OWCA Agents
When PaF Invades Your Real Life EmptySun Jan 12, 2014 8:32 pm by Guest

» Best SysTools OST Recovery Software 2013
When PaF Invades Your Real Life EmptyThu Aug 08, 2013 3:47 am by recovertools

» Good application for Outlook Convert OST To PST
When PaF Invades Your Real Life EmptyThu Jul 25, 2013 6:48 am by recovertools

» Fix corrupt ost files in outlook with ost to pst tool
When PaF Invades Your Real Life EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 9:10 am by recovertools

» Need of OST to PST software to convert OST to PST files
When PaF Invades Your Real Life EmptyMon Jul 15, 2013 3:24 am by recovertools

» Easily Convert MSG to EML files with MSG2EML Converter Tool
When PaF Invades Your Real Life EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 9:33 am by jeffdriskel

» Convert OST to PST an Email Recovery Software
When PaF Invades Your Real Life EmptyMon Jul 08, 2013 9:14 am by Guest

» A Power-Packed SQL Database Recovery Software
When PaF Invades Your Real Life EmptyMon Jul 08, 2013 6:42 am by recovertools

When PaF Invades Your Real Life

+3
Shwoo
DarkwingSnark
Moonie
7 posters

Go down

When PaF Invades Your Real Life Empty When PaF Invades Your Real Life

Post  Moonie Sun May 27, 2012 12:02 am

So this totally happened today.

I was in the car with my friend/boss, Carol, and she'd just opened a Snapple. She read the little bit of trivia under the cap to herself and said,

Carol: Huh. Okay. The plastic caps on the ends of shoelaces are called...?
Me: Aglet.
Carol: You're right! Why would anyone know that?
Me: Well, I know because a cartoon I watch did a whole episode on it.
Carol: A whole episode about the little plastic things on the ends of shoelaces? You gotta be f*cking kidding me. That doesn't sound like a very entertaining show.
Me: No no, it was cool. There was singing and dancin' and like... fireworks 'n shit. Real cool.
Carol: Well, at least cartoons today are teaching kids stuff.
Me: Yeah. Riveting trivia one can also find on Snapple caps. … Shut up. I like shows that teach me random, useless facts that I will never find an actual use for in real life.
Carol: But you just did.
Me: … Yes, yes I did. Thank you, Snapple.

Anyone else have 'PaF became relevant in an every day conversation' stories?

Moonie

Agent Ranking Points : 8729

Back to top Go down

When PaF Invades Your Real Life Empty Re: When PaF Invades Your Real Life

Post  DarkwingSnark Sun May 27, 2012 12:07 am

I love you. <3 Just...LOL. I think the funny thing is, a whole generation probably learned what it was. I'm not going to lie, I had no idea what it was before I saw that ep. I just called it "the plastic art of the shoe lace". Then PnF came along- "...Holy crap, IT HAS A NAME?"

Abusing the power ever since.

DarkwingSnark
DarkwingSnark
Admin

Agent Ranking Points : 9028

http://darkwingsnark.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Shwoo Sun May 27, 2012 12:23 am

I don't remember when I learned the word for an aglet, but I think I started to remember it after Dave the Barbarian. That was a good show, shame it only lasted a season.

When I find something I've lost, I think "Oh there you are, [thing]." Once the thing I lost was my Perry plush, which was a bit surreal. I tend to curse things that annoy me as well.

Shwoo

Agent Ranking Points : 8780

Back to top Go down

Post  yaoiXyaoi Sun May 27, 2012 9:13 pm

Well, I'm not sure if this counts but I was visiting my mom and sisters the other day, and my youngest sis Libby came up to me with a crossword puzzle. She wanted me to work on it with her, so of course I did :3
Anyway we got about halfway through before we realized that 'Fedora' was one of the words we were supposed to find. We laughed, sang a bit of Perry's theme song, and continued on. She's a big fan of PnF too, so we instantly thought Agent P XD
But I shit you not, about 5 minutes later the word 'Platypus' came up in the same puzzle a few spots below the word fedora!

BEST CROSSWORD GAME EVER!!! XD
yaoiXyaoi
yaoiXyaoi
Admin

Agent Ranking Points : 8939

Back to top Go down

Post  Platyfanatic Tue May 29, 2012 3:25 am

I looked up Sigmund Freud after he was mentioned in the song "Going Deep into Your Mind". A few days later there were two questions about him on a history quiz.

Very Happy
Platyfanatic
Platyfanatic

Agent Ranking Points : 8733

Back to top Go down

Post  DarkwingSnark Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:45 pm

Just had a moment this morning!

So I was looking for one of my perry shirts, and i just couldn't find it. Since my mother and i just did laundry the day before, i had her help me look through the piles. When we couldn't find it, mom called my sister (because she sometimes has the habit of taking people's stuff and wearing them). and THIS happened..

"Hey, where's Perry?"
This was when I got interested into the phone conversation, as mom waited for a reply on the other end.
"No no, Mel's Perry the platypus shirt. Have you seen it?"
All the while she was searching through piles still.
"Oh! There you are! *you could hear me laughing in the background after that* Nevermind Court, i found it. And what are YOU ballin' about?"
"oH...NOOOOOTHING~"

DarkwingSnark
DarkwingSnark
Admin

Agent Ranking Points : 9028

http://darkwingsnark.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Shwoo Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:41 pm

I drew Perry on my nametag at my last autism women's group meeting. He was recognised, and I was asked to take in a few episodes or the next meeting.

Shwoo

Agent Ranking Points : 8780

Back to top Go down

Post  Kojinka Wed Jun 27, 2012 2:30 am

On my last night in San Fransisco last week, I had a Phineas and Ferb dream!
It started out with me hanging out with Phineas and Ferb as teenagers, and they were working at a tshirt print store. They invented a spray that solidifies into anything; Ferb was using it to make a spiked guitar for one of their friends (didn't recognize. As I looked through the tshirts, I noted (with careful wording to avoid copyright issues) that the characters on one of the designs looked like they could loosely resemble PacMan sprites, and we had a good laugh.

It sounded like the boys' inventions were distracting them from their job, so I exit the store and headed toward the food court, where I found Candace chatting with Vanessa. I heard Vanessa point out, unamusedly, her dad entering a Druelselstinian restaurant. I don't know if he owned the place or was having lunch, but I found myself wanting to try the Doofenshmirtz meatloaf. I heard some of his typical rambling here and there, and when I caught up to him, I don't know what came over me; I impulsively started nestling my head on his chest! I expected him to shift away uncomfortably, or tell me I was creeping him out, but he said nothing! One of Doof's exs walked by, and made some sort of remark about us. I don't remember what she said, but when she left, Doof ranted disdainfully of her. I noticed Perry watching once in a while, but he kept a low profile throughout the dream since his owners were nearby.

Later on, I rejoined the boys, who had just finished building some sort of yellow open-topped robot vehicle shaped like a stag beetle. Its abilities were similar to the ATV they built in the. I don't remember what its purpose was, but I think they were going to visit a friend who had moved far from the Tri-State Area. I think Doof tagged along with us, most likely impressed with the boys' invention, but he was uncharacteristically silent for the most part. We rode cross country, climbing over and cutting through various obstacles until the police pulled us over. Just as Phineas was trying to explain the situation, my alarm went off, and the dream ended on a cliffhanger. >_<

I want another Doof dream like that!
Kojinka
Kojinka

Agent Ranking Points : 8687

Back to top Go down

Post  Kojinka Sun Jul 01, 2012 7:29 pm

Okay, non dream example. I went to a local vet to say hi to the resident cat. I found a de-shedder brush shelf reading 'Furminator', and I broke out snickering.
Kojinka
Kojinka

Agent Ranking Points : 8687

Back to top Go down

Post  Shychick Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:21 am

A few weeks ago, I began going "What'cha doooin'?" to my mom in my best Isabella voice. It always amused her. She finally asked me what it was from, and I told her about Phineas and Isabella (she already knows about P&F, although very little). Since then, we say it to each-other on almost a daily basis!

Shychick

Agent Ranking Points : 8741

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down